Saving the World through the Pursuit of Self Interest: Part 2

Part 1 of this segment, which I published on April 25, 2017, focused on the March for Science – an event that took place on Earth Day and addressed the Trump administration’s attitude of climate change denial. This follow-up seeks my students’ input.

The 2017 Fall semester is over and my students are preparing for their final exam. I have been teaching my Climate Change course using the TBL (Team Based Learning) system. I have 6 groups in my class, each composed of roughly 7 students that have been studying together throughout the semester.

As an extra credit assignment I have challenged the groups to produce a collective paper addressing, “what can we do to save the world?” I view this question as synonymous with the objective of this whole blog. They will post their answers as comments for this post and all of you can be the judges.

Be Sociable, Share!

About climatechangefork

Micha Tomkiewicz, Ph.D., is a professor of physics in the Department of Physics, Brooklyn College, the City University of New York. He is also a professor of physics and chemistry in the School for Graduate Studies of the City University of New York. In addition, he is the founding-director of the Environmental Studies Program at Brooklyn College as well as director of the Electrochemistry Institute at that same institution.
This entry was posted in administration, Anthropocene, Anthropogenic, Climate Change, Education, politics, Sustainability, Trump and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Saving the World through the Pursuit of Self Interest: Part 2

1. David says:

To save the world, one needs to take care of surrounding environment and protect with all possible ways.